Sunday, October 23, 2011

Risk Taker


If you know me well, then you know that I am not a baker. My baking skills pretty much start and end at pre-made cookie dough. Since my family does not eat dairy, it can be somewhat difficult to substitute in ingredients that sort of make the desert...a desert. But, for my youngest sister's 4th birthday (and my dad's birthday), I wanted to try something new. Take a flying leap into the newly bought Holiday Treat Cookbook and risk my already shaky reputation as a baker.

I skipped the cake section (those are for advanced....waaay advanced bakers) and decided on the peanut butter - chocolate shortbread bars. Ingredients: peanut butter, chocolate, sugar, flour, water....sounded easy enough. Or, so I thought. Four hours (and an incredible amount of praying) later...the peanut butter/chocolate shortbread bars were finished. Perfect and beautiful. Just like the picture in the cookbook. I didn't even want to know how they tasted at this point.

But, I DID want to take pictures of my lovely creation (I mean, come on...me baking something good? This definitely needed to be documented properly) 








Oh, and the family said they were A-MA-ZING. sccoooore

2 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

Holy Moly... I want one! They look so yummy! Great job.
Ky

Unknown said...

ROFL! you are so funny!

HA! Yes, they were A-MAZ-ING!

You by the way ROCK at baking and can take a mean photo of the goods you make with love!

:-)